Paul working for you.

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Apocalypse...Now?


Is your neighborhood Wal-Mart closing? Check this interactive map





Wal-Mart Stores Inc.  announced it would close 269 stores around the world, including 154 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, as part of a store reorganization.

All 102 of its smallest stores, Walmart Express, will be closed. Four Sam’s Clubs will be closed -- one in Waterford, Mich., outside of Detroit, and three within 30 miles of each other in Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts.

Twelve Supercenters are set to close across the country.

Is your neighborhood Wal-Mart WMT, -1.79% store on the list?

Check this interactive map, with store types and the date each store is set to close to the public.

Walmart Express stores are marked with blue icons; Wal-Mart stores: red; Supercenter stores: purple; Neighborhood Market stores: green; Amigo stores: yellow; Sam’s Club stores: orange

2 comments:

  1. Walmart is not my favorite place to shop, but in a pinch I go there if I have to. Before Christmas I had to go buy a gift for my friends husband. It seems he uses golf balls from Wally World, and the golf balls I bought at Dick's last year were not the right ones. Seeing as I was already in Fitchburg, and in the area of the Walmart on the hill, I decided to go there first. Oh yes, it was dark out. I parked as close to the store as I could, but the two police cruisers out front did little to shore up my confidence. As I made my way to the Sport Department, It was not hard to notice the place looked like a bomb had hit dead center. Were the right golf balls there ?? One of the people who worked there helped me find the display. All kinds, but not one white box ! I called my friend to ask what they were called ? This time I wrote the name down. It did not matter, they were not among the multiple kind they carried. On the way out I stopped in the Ladies Room. One door was missing off the stall. As I turned to leave, a young girl came in. She told me they did not fix anything any more. I told her it was not her fault, and wished her a merry Christmas. On to Gardner, and they did have the right ones, and I did not fear for my life. The Gardner store did not look as if the place had been turned upside down. If you would like to see a well run Wally World, the Store in Spencer is hard to beat. It is huge, but well stocked. I have learned my lesson, and I will shop early and bring Bart with me next time. At least I will not fear for my life.

    ReplyDelete