Paul working for you.

Monday, December 24, 2012

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

And Happy Holidays (sorry Jeff)

There is a lady in Gardner by the name of Louise Breen who makes wonderful little Santa pins. She crochets the face, beard and hat, then she adds eyes, a nose and a pin. She makes they pin at her own expense then gives them away. In the past they have end up at hospitals and nursing homes etc. She gave me a bag of them and I decide to hand them out to people I encounter during the day. I gave one to the elderly gentleman volunteer who had helped me the day before with and issue. He was delighted. I gave to the young man working as a valet in the Worcester, he was trilled, it went great with his Santa hat. I gave one to the young women delivering food trays to the hospital rooms. You would have thought I had given her a twenty dollar bill. I thought about her job and I realized most people probably never ever noticed or acknowledged her. I did. I continued my day giving them out to the people I dealt with all day. The women at the information booth, the person checking equipment, the cashier at the restaurant. These random acts of kindness thrilled the recipients, one man said he was going to bring it home to his wife. Giving out these little Santa pins to people I didn't even know made me feel warm and fuzzy (hee-hee-hee as Pauly would say) but seriously it made me feel great. Then I called Louise and let her know what I did and told her how everyone was so happy  just to be acknowledged and given a pin. She was happy that her pins were such a success. You see Louise is 84 years young, she makes these pins and other things to stay active. So you see these little Santa pins brought joy to those who received them, Lousie who makes them and myself who gave them away. So you see you don't have give out 100 dollar bills as a secret Santa, just any random act of kindness will do.

So as we celebrate Christmas and the New Year let's all look around and do something nice and pay it forward.
Thank you Sgt. Jeff Bennett, Sgt. Austin Cosentino, Mark Corey and all our service men and women.
Thank you to all the Police, Fire and Rescue personnel.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

An "anonymous" Blog Follower


1 comment:

  1. This blog made me smile. To often people are ignored because we are so tied up in what we are doing, we look right through them. Anonymous, you made someones day happy. Good job. Bev

    ReplyDelete