Paul working for you.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Nov. 25 2013 BOS…the meeting


Nov. 25 2013 BOS…the meeting

Snow & Ice –

After approval of minutes and the pledge the selectmen discussed the purchase of the new snowplow. The highway superintendent explained why the grader is used on certain routes and why the new plow was on the grader. The original plan was to place the new plow on a different piece of equipment.

MRPC Joint Housing Services proposal –

The BOS then voted to apply for a Community Innovation Challenge (CIC) Grant for a Regional Housing Services proposal to be run by MRPC. The cost to the town of Templeton will be $0.00. The intent of this proposal is to oversee section 8 housing and 40B rules and regulations.

Request for documents from TMLWP –
The BOS voted to send a letter to the Water Commissioners requesting the Water Capital Improvement plan that was recently adopted by the Water Commissioners. That request also includes the Zone II delineation maps, which protect the wellheads.

This topic generated much discussion regarding the recent water rate increase as well as the exorbitant increase in the customer service charge from the already high $28/quarter to $49/quarter.Some people are paying more in a customer service charge than they are for water.



CDBG Contract amendment –

The BOS voted to award a contract amendment for engineering plan updates and bidding for $10,000 to Weston & Sampson. This contract amendment is for services related to Phase 6 (Memorial St) of the CDBG-funded Back Bay Infrastructure Project.

Council on Aging –
Bidding on a van.
After a lively presentation by COA director Bethany Loveless, the BOS voted to approve bidding on a replacement van. The van to be replaced is a 2003 Dodge Ram van, which has seen better days (it looks like a Farrell vehicle). The BOS approved the bid process, which is to be submitted by November 26, 2013. The final bid amount will be determined by the Town Coordinator and the town mechanic. The funding source has yet to be identified.

Van Drivers Hourly Rates –
After discussion, the BOS voted to increase the hourly rate of the COA van drivers in order to retain our dedicated drivers. There was discussion about the cost of this increase, which will be paid for by MART. The selectmen are aware that all of our employees need wage increases.

Ballot questions for the January 14th Election

Two items were discussed for consideration on the January 14th Ballot election.

Elementary school finance –
A non-binding question to gauge the taxpayer’s willingness to fund the Templeton Elementary School Building Project. I brought this up for discussion because I have had many people tell me privately that they will not support funding a new school in Templeton. A non-binding question on this ballot will provide some feedback on taxpayer support for this project. The original vote for the feasibility project took place many years ago, and a lot has changed in that time span.

Water department-
A non-binding ballot question to see if the voters would consider rescinding Chapter 93 Acts of 2000.
The passage of Chapter 93 Acts of 2000 placed the water enterprise under the control of the Templeton Municipal Light Department. In the years since the passage of chapter 93 Acts of 2000 many issues have surfaced. In 2007, the water department receipts were taken off the town’s recap sheet without explanation. The current BOS has made inquiries to the DOR (approves recap sheet) why this change was made.

The water department has made many improvements to the water system while incurring long term debt. This long-term debt is part of the reason for the increase in water rates and customer charges that was approved and adopted by the TMLWP Commissioners without a rate hearing. The Advisory Board has performed an analysis of similar-sized water systems, which will be discussed at a later date.

The wording of these non-binding referendum questions will be discussed at the Dec 2 BOS meeting.

Appointments-
John Henshaw was appointed to Open Space; Lori Mattson was appointed to Capital Planning; Alan Mayo was appointed to Open Space and Templeton Common improvement.
Announcements-

There will be a Sewer Rate hearing on December 2, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Edgewood Developments is “unhappy” that the town will not forgo $37,500 in kind services  according to contract.

The Board of Assessors has a case in Tax Court. Heatherwood Housing is looking for a substantial  abatement of their assessment ($1,362,100)

Jack Frost Festival will begin at 3 pm Sunday
Please bring a non-perishable item for the Food Pantry. This festival will include a parade (weather permitting) and the tree lighting at Templeton Center.

My opinions …supported by FACTS ! ! !

Julie Farrell

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

19 comments:

  1. Vote Mitchell for selectman!

    Remember the past to ensure a better future.

    The nuclear option should NEVER be used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a very good meeting. As I have said before, it is time for the people in this town to wake up and realize what David, Mr. Spring and I have been trying to say to you. You no longer have any say in how this Templeton Light and Water are run. This is not how it was supposed to be, when the town went into the light business. Templeton Municipal Light went from serving the people to a self serving group after the passing of Mr.Kwasney and Mr.Dymbek in 1999, but really went into effect after 2002/2003 . The Water and Sewer Departments never should have been separated. As far as I know it is common practice for them to be billed together, as it stands now our Sewer Commissioners have no recourse when people will not pay their bill, other than to put a lien on the property, but if they are not planning to leave town, that has no affect what so ever. The town should vote to rescind Chapter 93 Acts of 2000. This action took control of the Light Department away from the people that it was supposed to help, and the transfer of the Water Department has only served to make the department a tool to increase the pay of the people who are in charge and has hurt the rate payers who depend on the business for their water. Credit has to go to Bethany Loveless, our COA Director for the super job she is doing with the Council, getting services that are needed, and for not being afraid to roll up her sleeves to get things done. Heatherwood Housing has children going to our schools, and use town services, so why should they receive a abatement? I am very glad that this group of selectmen can go through a meeting and actually get things done. It is a pleasant change. Bev. Oh yes, this is my opinion.

      Delete
  2. In my opinion Ch93 Acts of 2000 needs to be rescinded by the voters. This non binding resolution will not do that however. I look forward to a binding ending of what I believe to be a scam run by the Echo Hill Gang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As we open our bills for water we found out what we were telling people at the annual town meeting was true.
    The Commission is arrogant and have a lack of compassion for the people they work for. To increase your bills the amount they did i think is illegal. I could see a 10 year gradual increase to allow people to fix their budgets. The only budget they have compassion for is the Water Dept budget. A vote to rescind the law that formed the questionable merger is a stepping stone to a final vote to get the Department back on track and work for us again. Answer questions and reveal contracts they have hidden for years. Conform to the rules and stop the drain on the town and the people. We will have one of the top 3 highest water rates in the state. Ask the general manager why.You'll see what i mean .The commission will be raiseing you electric rates soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again I was on this site and found huffy and truth spewing the BS under the new posting instead of responding To: The good folks in Templeton. Apparently someone had the common sense to realize the comments bordered on slander and had the fore sight to remove them, for which these folks should be grateful. Since the comments were up most of the day and are the same BS these folks used to dupe people into the recall I will respond.
    Once again the truth alleged that I spend all my time at the red onion following Mr. Farrell around like a puppy. In response I can only say that if the truth held out his hands and took off his shoes he might be able to count the number of times I have been to the onion since the recall. Of course if his ability at math is the same as his ability to use common sense and disseminate the truth, I’m afraid he’ll forget to take his socks off and won’t be able to get to twenty. I am also concerned that he would find my friendship with Mr. Farrell (the usher at my wedding) such an issue and can only speculate that his attitude and behavior has distanced his real friends.
    This dirt bag also alleged that I have an issue with the cannabis and I will say this. I am not a saint and I am not Bill Clinton and freely admit that I did inhale once. For those that are concerned this is still an issue in these days and times I can assure you I haven’t even smoked a cigarette in well over a year and could certainly pass the test. In fact I’d even be willing to allow the truth to hold the specimen jar if he leaves his ruler at home and promises not to cry. Just want folks to know I haven’t lost my sense of humor.
    For those that don’t know me I have been a supervisor and maintenance technician my entire career. As a supervisor I dealt with pilferers, petty thieves the disgruntled and habitual liars, which leaves me confident I can hold my own with the likes of huffy and the truth, no pun intended. As a technician I deal daily with complex, high speed, high voltage production machinery that can be just as ornery as the aforementioned employees and where an error in judgment or a misplaced tool can cost your life never mind your limbs. I mention this because I believe this work experience and the fact that I retained my sanity and sense of humor through the all the lying BS from the cowards using aliases on this site and those involved in the bogus recall has thickened my skin enough to take on the position once again.
    In closing I would like to ask those that come to this site to exam closely any statements or facts alleged by those who do not have the courage to identify themselves as I do not intend to respond to this kind of BS again.
    Bob Mitchell Citizen volunteer for truth in government

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Mitchell, the only thing I have said, so far, about you is to repeat what you yourself stated at the ATM. That you wanted to be the first selectman recalled twice, you want a tax break if you win, & you want to reinstate stipends. How is that slanderous?

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to ask Ms. Haley-Brooks to disavow the slanderous postings of truth and HandP. They are your supporters, do you approve of this kind of political slander? From what you post, I would guess no. So how about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, I don't believe that anyone approves of political slander. Just because somebody supports one candidate versus the other does not make that candidate responsible for what these people are saying. Diane has always stayed positive and does not stoop to slandering anyone. This blog is full of people bashing other people, tell your people to stop slandering others! Is that a fair request? Seriously, this is helping no one. I come here to see what is going on in town, and ANYONE that puts down anyone else on this blog loses credibility, no matter who they are or who they support. Keep this clean, Diane has said time and time again that she does care about the whole town, give her a chance to prove it.

      Delete
    2. I need to apologize for saying "your people". I truly want this town united and that is not the way to do it. I don't want it to be your people, her people, his people, we all belong to Templeton and should start acting as one.

      Delete
    3. I think you're putting words in my mouth. I never said Ms. Haley-Brooks approved, in fact I bet she does not. But since the slanderous and anonymous posters support her candidacy, she should come out and disavow this type of "discussion".

      I have no "people", I am just a voter and taxpayer.

      Delete
    4. I did not and would not put words in your mouth, I simply stated that the slander is not her responsibility. How is it that you want her to come out and disavow this type of discussion? Do you expect her to post on the blog? I personally think she will run a clean campaign, so the negativity can stay where it is. these are grown adults that can take responsibility for their own words. She has already said in previous postings that this was not acceptable by anyone.I don't see anyone else stating anything about the slander on this blog by other bloggers and expecting them to come forward and say that it is wrong.

      Delete
    5. Do any of "you people" believe in posting under your real name? "Just sayin' "

      Delete
    6. "you people", really? I'm not here to play games, that was not cool. I will not speak for others, but I do not need to put my name. I am not disrespectful, I want what is best for this town and I do not need to be another person on the receiving end of criticism and bashing. Please respect that.

      Delete
    7. Don't get your multiple IDs confused. And "you people" isn't the only part of my post in quotes!

      Delete
    8. I encourage you to ask her your questions directly https://www.facebook.com/DianeHaleyBrooksforSelectman

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must take issue with "you people" saying Im slandering. When? Name one time I slandered any sitting or possible selectman?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not slandered anyone..it is not slander when someone is telling the truth people...sorry but sooo much for transparency...more fraud Farrell operations

    ReplyDelete