Paul working for you.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Some financial information for taxpayers




I understand Templeton Light & Water spent an additional $3,600.00 on legal concerning the PILOT program.
Someone may wish to inquire at Templeton Light about pay raises over there fro this year orFY14, somewhere in the neighborhood of 14%? As I said, you may wish to ask about this and see if it is something being done or has it been done. On another front, the towns unemployment rate went from .1% to .9% and part of that is the town paying unemployment on a retired person, Carol Skelton. There is just no end and this information about unemployment should be available at town hall and may be a very good question for a selectmen meeting.



On another note, someone apparently thinks it is a big deal (big enough to post a funny blog on it) that I do not own a home or property in Templeton. I live at 77 Partridgeville Road and if anyone checks property tax records, they will find it is shared by my mom, 79 and a widow of a WW II veteran. I believe they may have chose to go that route because of an item I posted on the blog: "perhaps I should pull a Fred Bennett and pay to have Templeton tax delinquents published in the Worcester Telegram" That is a reference to my dads practice of paying to have alot of town information published in The Gardner News. Now like it or not, publishing tax lists gets results and mostly from people who can afford to pay but for whatever reason, simply put it off. As the person published under anonymously (naturally) and made the really silly statement about how I live in my brothers/mothers home and my mommy pays my taxes. I replied that sounded like Bob Columbus thinking, (perhaps they read that somewhere) if I don't own the property, I do not get a tax bill which means my 79 year old Mother on social security pays her taxes, so thanks for the great laugh I enjoyed after reading that. Anyway, that is my personal touch to the above information. I will have to let my mom know that she has made the big time, she has made it onto Pauly's blog. Thank you.

Jeffrey Bennett

12 comments:

  1. Someone is posting derogatory comments about a Selectman who is serving our country in harms way. Real Nice!

    To that original poster, who is probably reading this, Jeff is protecting your right to free speech and you return the favor by running your mouth about him and his mother. Shows a lot of class.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will take more than crap from them to discredit Jeff. Everyone knows who Jeff works for!! THE PEOPLE!!! bad mouth Jeff all day and night, and no one will listen. They are wasting our time and theirs. Bev.

      Delete
    2. Regular posters on this blog post more derogatory comments about townspeople than I care to ever read in my lifetime. Of course they are often "opinions supported by facts"....or rantings of people that have not gotten their way. When the town votes to support them, all is well. But when their petitions are overwhelmingly defeated it is not because townspeople did not support them but rather they did not understand or they were bribed...or some other off the wall reason. They cannot accept the votes when they happen. What is that all about? I know that I want my vote to go for someone that will look at all sides of an issue and make the best decision for the town at large, which may be in direct conflict with their personal opinions. I want my vote to go for someone that will listen to me even if I have differing opinions than they do. I do not want someone who is not able to be objective and behave in a mature and responsible manner.

      Delete
    3. So, I guess you are not voting for Gerry then.

      Delete
  2. Carol Skelton isn't unemployed. She runs her own junk business out of the barn. How can you collect unemployment and own your own business? I'd like some free money too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont foreget the unemploment also went up because the selectmen made there cemtery help not sesonal this year and laid them off so they could collect that might make the percent of unemployment rate go up more people

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon 6:01 pm you have just done something that everyother person does when they submit a posting for this blog, they exercised free speech. You also in a round about way made at least 2 derogatory remarks about two people, yet you did it in a manner not atually mentioning names rather in an implied way and of course in true anonymous fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The internet and this blog give the ordinary citizen, you and me, the opportunity to voice our thoughts and opinions, unfiltered and I personally feel this is a good thing. As an elected person, I sometimes find this a good place to get a "feel" of the mood of the people and it lets everyone know how at least some people think on a subject and it may also give others the knowledge that hey, I might not be alone as to my thoughts on this or that. Certainly you are free to vote for anyone you wish. One last thing, postings on this blog just may cause some people to stop, think and go check for themselves on this story or that and I would think that is resulting in looking at both sides of the facts or story, which is apparently what you are all for. I thank you for stating your opinion as I enjoy hearing how towns people feel on things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely disagree regarding voicing our UNFILTERED thoughts and opinions in a forum such as this. Keep those for your closest friends and family only. I think when we post we need to keep our filter on its highest setting. Filters are a very good thing. Not every thing we think in our pretty little heads should come out of our mouths! Some of it should definitely stay in our heads. This is precisely the issue with all the social media. People do not filter and think enough about what they are saying. I spend much time in schools and juvenile courts across the state where hundreds of hours are spent investigating some student's unfiltered remark on a text, tweet, facebook....Write your post, read it, reread it, and make sure it is not hurtful, malicious or mean. Most of all, is it adding to the problem or to the solution? Through social media people have somehow come to think it is okay to say anything and everything you think. It's not. That is my personal opinion. It is based on my upbringing and the values and moral code of conduct by which I try to always abide.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep up the unfiltered comments,her pretty little head doesn't like it.Stay away if you no like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like a great role model for our children!

      Delete
  8. Filtered or unfiltered is an important topic. I'll write up a blog so people can post comments to it.

    ReplyDelete